· 1 stick unsalted butter
· 1 large white onion, chopped· 6 stalks celery, chopped
· 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
· 2 (28-oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes
· 4 cups chicken stock
· 1 tsp. Kosher salt· Black pepper to taste
· 3 sprigs fresh thyme
· John Wm. Macy’s Original Cheddar Cheesesticks
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, chicken stock and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes. Stir occasionally and adjust seasoning as needed.
3. Blend the soup and season to taste. Ladle into serving bowls and top with fresh thyme leaves.
4. Serve immediately with John Wm. Macy’s Original Cheddar Cheesesticks for dipping.
GET THE GOODS
Sign up for up to date cheesy and crunchy news & enroll in our Crunch Crew Rewards ProgramSIGN UP