These delectable stuffed mushrooms combine the simple pleasures of vegetables and warm melted cheese topped with crumbled CheeseSticks.
The only problem with these quick, easy appetizers is that guests may want to eat more than you
· 1/4 cup John Wm. Macy’s Melting Parmesan CheeseSticks, crushed
· 1 package of baby Portobello mushrooms
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 8 oz. package of light cream cheese, softened
· 1/4 of an onion, finely chopped
· 1 garlic clove
· 1 teaspoon basil
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash and dry Portobello mushrooms. Remove stem and finely chop, discarding any rough edges.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chopped mushroom stems. Sauté until golden brown.
4. In a separate bowl combine the cream cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Mix in the sautéed onion, garlic and mushroom stems.
5. Place mushroom caps on a greased or non-stick pan. Press previous ingredients into the mushroom caps. Top with crushed John Wm. Macy’s CheeseSticks and lightly spray with olive oil.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and let cool for about 5 minutes.
GET THE GOODS
Sign up for up to date cheesy and crunchy news & enroll in our Crunch Crew Rewards ProgramSIGN UP