When we made these we couldn’t stop eating them. We were surprised there were any left to photograph! A crab cake lover’s delight! Forget regular, old boring breadcrumbs and coat them with John Wm. Macy’s Asiago & Cheddar CheeseCrisps to take them to a higher, tastier level!
· 1 1/2 cups John Wm. Macy's Asiago & Cheddar CheeseCrisps, finely ground
· 6 oz. Maryland crab meat, picked over and drained of extra juice
· 1/2 cup finely minced white onion
· 1/4 cup good quality low fat mayonnaise
· 1 egg
· 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, or to taste
· 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Gently stir together crab, onion, mayonnaise, egg and 1/2 cup CheeseCrisps crumbs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for an hour.
2. In a small food processor or blender, mix together Aioli ingredients until creamy. Set aside.
3. When ready to cook, scoop crab meat mixture into 1/4 cup measure and gently pat into patties. Coat patties with CheeseCrisps crumb mix. Coat well. Makes about 8 crab cakes.
4. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter until shimmering, with butter foaming. Fry cakes, turning once until both sides are golden brown and cooked through. Serve immediately with Aioli and extra CheeseCrisps.