CRISPY CHICKEN STRIPS
This is one crunchy and satisfying appetizer! Who would have thought that peanut butter and pineapple preserves would work so well together?
The subtle taste of Sesame Gruyère CheeseCrisps brings the perfect crunch to a fantastic appetizer. You’ll thank us for it.
· 1 box John Wm. Macy's Sesame Gruyère CheeseCrisps, crushed to fine crumbs
· 1/2 cup peanut butter
· 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
· 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
· 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into approximate 1" strips
· 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
· 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
· 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil, and then lightly grease.
2. In a saucepan melt together the peanut butter and preserves over very low heat, blending well; remove from heat and stir in ginger root, blending well. Cool slightly, and then add chicken strips, tossing to coat evenly.
3. In a shallow dish combine CheeseCrisp crumbs, coconut, five spice powder and ground red pepper, blending well. Dip chicken strips in the mixture, turning to coat all sides evenly. Place coated chicken strips on prepared baking sheet and bake for about 6 minutes; turn and bake 6 minutes more, or until coating is lightly toasted and chicken is tender and done. Yield: 8 appetizer servings.
GET THE GOODS
Sign up for up to date cheesy and crunchy news & enroll in our Crunch Crew Rewards ProgramSIGN UP