Yield: 6-8 servings
· 1 Tbsp. olive oil
· 2 cups chopped onion
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 3 lbs. Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
· 4 cups chicken broth
· ¾ tsp salt
· ¼ tsp black pepper
· ½ cup heavy cream
· 2 cups roughly chopped/broken John Wm. Macy’s Rosemary & Cheddar CheeseCrisps
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add chopped onions and stir until translucent.
2. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add squash and stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender.
4. Puree soup and return to the pan. Add cream and cook until heated through.
5. Serve immediately, topped with Rosemary & Cheddar Cheesecrisps.