· 3 lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled, chopped and rinsed (about 8-9 cups)
· 1 large yellow onion, chopped· 4 stalks celery, chopped
· 6 cups water
· 1 stick unsalted butter
· 1-2 cups milk
· Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste· Bacon, cooked and crumbled
· John Wm. Macy’s Cheddar & Scallion CheeseSticks, broken into pieces
· Fresh scallions, finely chopped, optional· Sour cream, optional
1. Add potatoes, onion, celery and water to a slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours, until potatoes are falling apart.
2. Remove 1-1/2 cups of water. Add butter and 1 cup of milk. Blend soup. Add additional milk to reach desired consistency.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, topped with crumbled bacon, John Wm. Macy’s Cheddar & Scallion CheeseSticks, scallions and sour cream.