Crunchy Cheese Potato Casserole
Nothing goes better with potatoes than butter, cheese and cream... until you top it off with John Wm. Macy’s Asiago & Cheddar CheeseCrisps and bacon!
Add a salad and it’s a meal, or have it on the side of your favorite entree. Easy to make and impossible to forget!
· 1 box John Wm. Macy's Asiago & Cheddar CheeseCrisps, crushed
· 1 bag red new potatoes
· 6 strips of bacon
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
· 1 teaspoon thyme
· 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
· 1 1/2 cups grated white cheddar
· Crushed garlic to taste
1. Lightly grease a 9" x 12" inch baking dish and spread crushed garlic on bottom.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Peel potatoes, cut into thick chips and boil until fork tender.
3. Cook bacon and crumble. Save some of the bacon fat.
4. Mix bacon fat with cream, nutmeg, chives, and thyme.
5. Layer potatoes in the baking dish. Then sprinkle grated cheddar on top.
6. Pour cream mixture over top. Cover top with crumbled bacon and crushed CheeseCrisps.
7. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes, then uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes more.