· 1 small onion, grated
· ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
· 1 large egg
· 1 tsp salt
· 1 cup crushed John Wm Macy’s Melting Parmesan Cheesesticks
· 8 oz. ground beef
· 8 oz. ground pork
· 3 qts. Chicken broth
· 1 lb escarole
· 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into thin rounds
· 2 large eggs
· 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
· Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Make the meatballs by mixing the onion, parsley, egg and salt to blend. Stir in the crushed John Wm Macy’s Melting Parmesan Cheesesticks, beef and pork.
2. Form the meatball mixture into 1-inch meatballs and set aside.
3. In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat.
4. Add the meatballs, escarole and carrots to the chicken broth and simmer for 8-10 minutes until escarole and carrots are tender and the meatballs are cooked through.
5. While soup simmers, whisk the eggs and parmesan together in a small bowl until blended.
6. Stir the soup with a fork as you drizzle in the egg mixture to create thin strands of the egg.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.