This is an eye opener! Tender meat, crunchy almond bits and Original Cheddar CheeseStick crumbs brought together for the first time. It’s absolutely delicious and you’ll be sorry if you didn’t make extra!
Savory, spicy, crunchy goodness. All with a sauce as unique as the dish itself.
· 3/4 cup John Wm. Macy's Original Cheddar CheeseSticks, crushed
· 1 pound lean ground chuck
· 1 medium onion, finely grated
· 1 clove garlic, finely grated
· 1 tablespoon steak sauce
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 1/8 teaspoon ancho chili powder
· 1/3 cup toasted almonds, minced
· 1 egg, lightly beaten
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Mix all meat ball ingredients except oil. Shape into 1" balls.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet and brown meatballs for about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Remove balls with a slotted spoon to paper towels and drain drippings from pan.
4. To mix sauce, blend flour and oil, add remaining ingredients and heat until thickened, stirring often. Return balls to pan, cover and simmer about 10 to15 minutes, adding a tablespoon of water if needed to keep balls from sticking. Serve over pasta or wild rice as an entrée (Serves 4).
The sweet and savory combination in this recipe is one you'll love to serve for dinner over rice. Increase the amounts and freeze some for later, because you'll love getting another taste of this delicious dish.