Cure your sweet tooth and stay warm at the same time with sweet recipes that feature John Wm. Macy's SweetSticks. Make them to eat in while you are watching your favorite movie or to finish off a great dinner.
1. Crunchy Java Cinnamon Sticks Apple Pie
- 1 box John Wm. Macy's Java Cinnamon SweetSticks
- 6 ounces puff pastry
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cinnamon brown or maple sugar (mix 1 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
- 1 cup seedless golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup cold butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ box John Wm. Macy's Java Cinnamon SweetSticks, crushed into crumbs
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9-inch pie pan with the puff pastry. Poke holes in the pastry with a fork. Set the pan aside.
Pare, core and slice the apples. Mix in the raisins. Set aside.
Sift the dry ingredients together. Mix the dry ingredients into the apples. Cover the puff pastry with a layer of John Wm. Macy's Java Cinnamon SweetSticks., breaking them when needed so they fit in the pan. Top the SweetSticks with the apple mixture. Top the mixture with pats of butter.
Mix all of the streusel ingredients together with your hands. Cover the top of the pie with the streusel mixture.
Bake the pie on an underliner at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
2. Nutella Brownies
- ½ cup John Wm. Macy's Dutch Chocolate SweetSticks, crushed
- 1 cup Nutella
- 10 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
Mix the Nutella and 3 eggs in a large bowl. Add the flour and mix well, but do not over mix. Stir in the SweetSticks. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Creamy Hot Chocolate
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 ½ cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup half and half cream
- Whipped cream
- John Wm. Macy's Dutch Chocolate SweetSticks
Combine the sugar, cocoa, and salt in a saucepan. Blend in the boiling water. Bring the mixture to an easy boil, stirring constantly. Simmer, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Stir in 3 ½ cups milk and heat until the mixture is very hot. Do not let the mixture boil. Remove from heat and divide between four mugs. Add the half and half to cool the mixture. Top the hot chocolate with whipped cream and stick one John Wm. Macy's Dutch Chocolate SweetStick in the mug.
4. Apple, Cranberry and Pear Crisp
- 2 Rome Beauty apples, pared, cored and cubed
- 2 Comice pears, pared, cored and cubed
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup ground walnuts
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups John Wm. Macy's Madagascar Vanilla SweetSticks, crushed
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease an 8-inch baking dish.
Mix the fruit and dried cranberries, 1 tablespoon flour, the honey and lemon juice in the prepared dish. In a bowl, mix ½ cup flour, the brown sugar, oats, walnuts and butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the fruit mixture. Top off with the crushed SweetSticks. Bake for 45 minutes or until browned.
5. Apple Brown Betty
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 apples, pared, cored and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag John Wm. Macy's Java Cinnamon SweetSticks
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the apples with the lemon juice to keep them from browning. Pulse the ginger until finely chopped in a food processor. Add the brown sugar, allspice and SweetSticks. Pulse until coarse crumbs form.
Sprinkle ½ cup of the crumb mixture in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Fill with apples, making sure the fruit is level in the pan. Top with the rest of the crumb mixture. Bake about 45 minutes until the crumbs are golden and the fruit is bubbly. You can also make this with mangoes.
Visit John Wm. Macy's
Visit John Wm. Macy's to pick up the flavors you need for these great desserts!