John Wm. Macy's CheeseSticks are not just for snacking. They can also be used to add some oomph to your entrees. They'll add a bit of a crunch and some extra flavor to your favorite dishes, including some of your favorite comfort foods. We'll suggest the CheeseStick flavors for each dish, but you can mix and match the flavors as you see fit.
1. Macaroni and Cheese Twist
Mac and Cheese
- 1 ½ cups crushed John Wm. Macy's Garlic Romano CheeseSticks
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- ½ cup ham, cut into ¾-inch cubes, baked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Horseradish
- 1 cup Alfredo cheese sauce
- 6 pats butter, about ½ inch thick
- ½ stick butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan*
- ½ cup grated Romano*
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the heavy cream. Heat over medium heat until the cream just starts to simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the Parmesan and Romano cheeses and stir until the cheese is melted. Set aside.
* 1 cup Parmesan can be used instead of ½ cup Parmesan and ½ cup Romano in this Alfredo sauce.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 1-quart baking dish with lard or spray it with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, combine the mustard, horseradish and Alfredo cheese sauce until mixed well. Add the cooked and uncooked macaroni, ham and cheese cubes. Spread the mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with John Wm. Macy's Garlic Romano CheeseSticks. Place the pats of butter even over the top of the crushed CheeseSticks. Add salt and pepper to taste to the top of the casserole. Bake until the casserole is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Let cool, serve and enjoy!
2. CheeseCrisp and Chili Casserole
For this recipe, you could use your favorite homemade chili recipe or, if you don't have time to make your own chili, your favorite canned chili works just as well.
- 1 box John Wm. Macy's Chipotle & Cheddar CheeseCrisps
- 2 cans chili (or your favorite chili recipe)
- 1 pound grated cheddar cheese
- ½ head lettuce, shredded*
- 1 large tomato, diced*
- Sour cream*
- Grated cheese*
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray the bottom of a baking dish with non-stick spray. Line the CheeseCrisps up on the bottom of the baking pan. Pour the chili over the CheeseCrisps. Top with grated cheddar cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and the chili starts to bubble around the edges, about 15 to 20 minutes.
After plating, top with your favorite taco toppings.
Let cool and dig in!
3. Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
If you love green bean casserole with bacon and cheese, you'll love this version of Cheesy Broccoli Casserole.
- 1 box John Wm. Macy's Asiago & Cheddar CheeseCrisps, crushed
- 2 package frozen broccoli or 2 large heads fresh broccoli
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup butter
- 6 strips bacon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the broccoli until it's al dente. Drain well and set aside. Cook the bacon until it's just starting to crisp up. It should be limp when you take it out of the pan. Soak up the grease on paper towels. Medium dice the bacon.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs well. Add the soup, mayonnaise and onion. Add the broccoli, shredded cheese and the bacon. Mix well.
Grease a casserole dish with bacon fat or non-stick cooking spray. Pour the broccoli mixture into the dish. Top with crushed CheeseCrisps. Bake until the top starts to brown, about 20 minutes.
Allow to cool for a few minutes, serve and bon appétit!
Visit John Wm. Macy's CheeseSticks
Visit us today to get all the John Wm. Macy's CheeseCrisp flavors you need to make your favorite comfort foods and other entrees.